18 St. Charles High School Students Saluted for Excelling in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mat
The best and brightest high school students in St. Charles County were saluted in the 8thAnnual STEM Celebration Breakfast, co-sponsored by the Electrical Connection. The annual salute recognized 18 students that excel in the subjects of science, technology, engineering and math. The STEM Celebration Breakfast, presented by EDC Business & Community Partners in St. Charles County,was held Friday March 3, 2017 at the Old Hickory Golf Club in St. Peters, Mo. The Electrical Connection is a labor-management partnership of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1 and the St. Louis Chapter, National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA).
STEM is a national and regional effort to better prepare the workforce of tomorrow by encouraging today’s students to engage more in studies, events and careers involving science, technology, engineering and math.
“You can’t help but be inspired by these high achievers,” said Jim Curran, executive vice president, Electrical Connection. “We are proud to salute their success and one day envision working with them as they bring forth new ideas that will be served by an equal level of innovation by the IBEW/NECA electrical industry.”
The STEM breakfast is one of several educational initiatives support by the Electrical Connection. Others include partnerships with the FIRST Robotics, the Saint Louis Science Center, Mathews-Dickey Boys and Girls Club and more.
The St. Charles County students honored at this year’s STEM breakfast include:
- Joseph Cassidy, Fort Zumwalt North High School
- Will Cavanagh, Fort Zumwalt South High School
- James Dohrman, Francis Howell North High School
- Kurtis Dressel, Lutheran High School of St. Charles County
- Noel Kling, Lewis & Clark Career Center
- Ross Kuemmel, Holt High School
- Jacob Larson, St. Dominic High School
- Ajay Makkena, Francis Howell High School
- Hamza Mansoor, Liberty High School
- Daniel Motto, Christian High School
- Lauren Nowakowski, Fort Zumwalt East High School
- Akash Patel, St. Charles West High School
- Will Runion, Orchard Farm High School
- Bradley Schinker, Francis Howell Central HS
- Alexandra Schulte, Timberland High School
- Marshall Vaccaro, Fort Zumwalt West High School
- Ethan Wetter, Duchesne High School
- Karen Ye, St. Charles High School
Electrical Connection members provide safe and reliable electrical construction, maintenance, repair and replacement services across Missouri, the nation and the world. For more information visit www.electricalconnection.org.
Above Photo: 18 St. Charles County high school student were saluted by the Electrical Connection for excelling in the STEM subjects of science, technology, engineering and math.