MC Industrial, Inc. was recently honored with four awards in recognition of the construction firm’s outstanding safety and work-hour performance during 2016. The awards presented to MC Industrial include: The Association of Union Constructors (TAUC) Thomas J. Reynolds Award, Associated General Contractors Missouri (AGCMO) Construction Project Safety Award, Southern Illinois Builder’s Association (SIBA), Commendation Award, and Northwest Indiana Business RoundTable (NWIBRT) Excellence Award.
“Safety is the most important thing we do every day,” commented MC Industrial President Bob Kohlburn. “We are committed to ensuring each and every person who comes onto one of our project sites returns home safely. It is an honor to be recognized across our business for these efforts.”
The following outlines the specific safety awards MC Industrial received:
- TAUC Thomas J. Reynolds Award: Recognized for safety results in Days Away and Restricted Rate of 25% below the Bureau of Labor Statistics national average for the previous year.
- AGC Construction Project Safety Excellence (CPSE): Recognized for no recordable injuries during the Ameren Rush Island MBO Package project. This project scope was a boiler outage that included replacing the bottom ash hopper and pit with a new submerged flight conveyer.
- SIBA Safety Commendation Award: Recognized for over 150,000 work-hours and earning 70% below the national average in Lost Time Accidents in 2016.
- NWIBRT Safety Excellence Award: MC Industrial achieved DAFW, DART and TRIR below the industry averages for the Northwest Indiana regional contractor community for MC Industrial’s NAICS code for the last three years.
“We are very proud of our team for upholding MC Industrial’s strong safety culture and receiving each of these awards,” said Jared Ragsdale, safety director for MC Industrial. “This recognition is a testament to our firm’s rigorous safety program and commitment to the Zero Injury philosophy.”
MC Industrial follows a behavior-based safety program with effective safety processes that produce excellent safety results for the client, MC Industrial and its trade partners. MC Industrial’s safety program applies Managing the Human Element of Safety by enforcing policies and procedures for employees to make the safest choices, while staying proactive in behavior-driven safety goals. The MC Industrial Vital Process (MVP) program is another major portion of MC Industrial’s safety program, involving all employees in identifying and eliminating unsafe behavior. The MVP program allows the team to measure safety performance with a statistical review (leading indicators) and apply mitigation strategies for any identified safety risks.
Among the four awards, MC Industrial’s overall safety program was recognized, as well as its project-specific safety performance on 2016 projects across its three markets served including:
- Heavy Industrial: Boeing St. Louis Composite Center of Excellence and Arcelormittal FAM Stacker Reclaimer.
- Power & Renewables: Ameren MBO Package A, First Solar Cal Flats Solar Facility, Silicon Ranch Selmer TN Solar Facility, and Silicon Ranch Hazlehurst GA Solar Facility.
- Petrochemical: LBC Tank Terminals Ship Dock 4
MC Industrial is a national construction firm, dedicated to the highly-specialized needs of the industrial marketplace.