Calendar submissions will be reviewed by our staff before posting to the website. Please allow a few hours for this to take place.
Green Building Showcase
May 8 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- The 2018 Green Building Showcase will feature multiple building types and rating systems, including the
- Cushman & Wakefield Portfolio Service Center, a commercial interiors project pursuing both WELL (the first building in Missouri to do so!) and LEED certification; the Lafayette Lofts, a rehab of a historic school building into 1 and 2 bedroom apartments that utilized PACE financing; and Peckham Architecture’s LEED Platinum home headquarters which is Missouri’s first Passive House Institute US Certified building.
- The new Cushman & Wakefield Portfolio Service Center– Maryville 6thFloor in St. Louis is pursuing LEED certification for Commercial Interiors and WELL Building Standard certification for New Interiors. The LEED system features significant improvements in water and energy efficiency, daylighting, air quality and smart material selection. The WELL Building system incorporates features focused on the health and wellbeing of building occupants. This includes healthier food choices, sit-stand desks, layout for physical movement, quiet zones, daylighting and glare control.
- The Lafayette Lofts project was a rehab of a historic school building into 1 and 2 bedroom apartments that was completed in 2016. The developer of this project chose to use $600,000 of PACE financing in the capital stack.PACE, which stands for Property Assessed Clean Energy, is an innovative financing tool that allows property owners and developers to fund energy efficiencies, renewable energy projects and water conservation upgrades within existing buildings or new construction. The Lafayette Lofts used PACE financing for LED lighting and controls, 13 SEER HVAC units, a white TPO roof with R-11.4 insulation, and a 49.92 kW rooftop solar PV unit.
- Peckham Architecture’s LEED Platinum home headquarters is Missouri’s first Passive House Institute US (PHIUS) Certified building.The fully accessible home features a 1,200-square-foot office and 2,500 square feet of living space, plus a garage and unheated 3-season porch. A photovoltaic system makes the building net-positive, which means it produces more electricity than it consumes. Super insulation, LED lighting, energy recovery ventilation, an instant hot water heater and Energy Star appliances further reduce the building’s energy requirement. The home is also EPA Certified and Certified Wildlife Habitat.
- Janet Smith, Associate Vice President, Cushman & Wakefield
- Lisa Morrison, Senior Associate, The Lawrence Group
- Anne Hill, President, RAHILL Capital, LLC
- Nick Peckham, FAIA, Design Scientist, Peckham Architcture
- CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Submitted for approval of 1 GBCI CE Hour and 1 AIA LU/HSW
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- 5:30-6:15 pm –Registration & Networking
- 6:15-7:30 pm – Formal Presentation
- Free for USGBC-MGC Members and Students
- $20 for Non-members
- This program is supported in part by the St. Louis Jefferson Solid Waste Management District and the Missouri Department of Natural Resources