The SITE Improvement Association has awarded a total of $15,000 in scholarships to six deserving St. Louis area students seeking to start or further their college education in 2016. High school seniors and college students with a parent employed by a SITE member company are eligible for the $2,500 scholarships, which are based on students’ academic achievements, involvement in the community and financial need. SITE awarded $2,500 scholarships to the following students:
- Hannah Beckmann, a junior this Fall at Drury College in Springfield, Missouri. Hannah was sponsored by Nor-Vel Grading and Excavating
- Rachel Reininger, a senior this Fall at Maryville University in St. Louis County. Rachel was sponsored by Gershenson Construction
- Morgan Hartwig, a senior at Troy Buchanon High School planning to attend University of Missouri-Kansas City in the Fall. Morgan was sponsored by Byrne & Jones Construction
- Allison McGarvey, a senior at Perryville High School planning to attend Lindenwood University in St. Charles in the fall. Allison was sponsored by Castle Contracting
- Courtney Kauffman, a senior this Fall at Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri. Courtney was sponsored by Nooter Corporation
- Cassondra Busch, a sophomore this Fall at Lindenwood University in St. Charles. Cassondra was sponsored by Fred Weber, Inc.
SITE scholarships are made possible through voluntary contributions by SITE member companies and from the SITE Advancement Foundation. This is the 15th consecutive year that SITE, has awarded scholarships to deserving college or college-bound students. More than $250,000 in scholarships have been awarded to 127 students during that time.
Our members have been extremely supportive of helping high school and college students further their education,” said SITE Executive Director Terry Briggs. “SITE has one of the largest continuous college scholarship programs in the St. Louis area.”
SITE is an independent construction contractor group representing more than 165 contractors and businesses primarily in the concrete, earthmoving, landscaping, asphalt paving, highway/bridge, sewer/utility and specialty construction segments.