Calendar submissions will be reviewed by our staff before posting to the website. Please allow a few hours for this to take place.
- This event has passed.
Benchmarking Help Session – September 12
September 12, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 amFree
September 12, 2018
Benchmarking Help Session
Join the USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter, the City of St. Louis, and partners for a Benchmarking Help Session. Attendees will receive hands-on help to benchmark their energy and water use in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager and report data to the City of St. Louis.
This event is free to all, but registration is requested.
Attendees may drop in at any point during the help session.
Attendees should bring a laptop and needed building information (see list below).
ABOUT THE BUILDING ENERGY AWARENESS ORDINANCE
On January 27, 2017, the City of St. Louis Board of Aldermen unanimously passed an energy benchmarking ordinance that requires municipal, institutional, commercial and multifamily residential buildings whose square footage is equal to or greater than 50,000 to track and report their energy and water usage annually to the City’s Building Division.
Privately owned buildings are required to benchmark and submit data by April 1 of each year using the free, online tool ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. Full details about the Building Energy Awareness Ordinance are available at www.stlbenchmarking.com.
Wednesday, September 12, 9 – 11 am
Attendees may drop in at any point during the timeframe of the help session.
Missouri Botanical Garden’s Commerce Bank Center for Science Education, at the Northeast Corner of Shaw & Kingshighway across from O’Connell’s Pub,
4651 Shaw Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63110
Free to all
Click the “register” button on the left side of this page
Volunteers will support building representatives to use ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. Experience with the free, online tool is requested. To participate, select “Benchmarking Volunteer” when registering. Participants can self-report their participation for 2 GBCI CE hours in the volunteer category.
USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter | email@example.com | 314-577-0854
City of St. Louis | firstname.lastname@example.org | 314-622-5689
Each attendee should bring a Laptop or Tablet, as well as all information needed for benchmarking, below.
- Property Use Details:
- All properties:
- Property Name
- Property Address
- Total Gross Floor Area of Property
- Year Built
- Occupancy (%) See ENERGY STAR definition here
- Additional required information varies by building type. Refer to ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager’s Data Collection Worksheet.
- Historic Utility Data
- You will need to gather historic data for water and all energy types used in the building:
- Electricity: purchased or generated onsite
- Natural Gas
- District Steam
- Energy purchased in bulk: fuel oil, propane, diesel, etc
- The Building Energy Awareness Ordinance requires that buildings report annual data: January 1 – December 31. Gather the following data for at least that period:
- Start and End Dates of each Billing Period
- Cost (optional)
- Access historical energy use data using your past bills, or by setting up accounts on your utility websites:
- September 12, 2018
9:00 am - 11:00 am
- View Event Website
- Missouri Botanical Garden’s Commerce Bank Center for Science Education
4651 Shaw Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63110 United States
- USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter
- View Organizer Website