Calendar submissions will be reviewed by our staff before posting to the website. Please allow a few hours for this to take place.
- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Architectural Paint and Coating Technology
August 22, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm$35
The St. Louis Chapter of the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) will hold a program to address the fundamentals of selecting architectural paint and coatings. Attendees will receive continuing education credits.
Hank Meinking (CSI, CDT), area account executive – architectural services for Sherwin-Williams, will review specification decisions to meet objectives as well as
Today’s architectural paint and coating products do so much more than protect a substrate and provide color! Recent technological advancements have produced coatings that can also solve problems for commercial and residential interiors and exteriors. This course will provide the fundamentals of different paint systems and the latest technologies so you can specify coatings that will provide the best outcome for your client.
- Review a specification decision tree to identify the best paint system for your project/application and to meet green building requirements/programs, such as LEED.
- Learn the importance of selecting the right primer by understanding the role that a primer plays in the long-term outcome of the topcoat.
- Learn the performance attributes and recommended applications for the five most common types of architectural topcoats, and identify which binder types typically have lower VOCs which may help contribute to LEED points.
- Be able to identify different sheens and know when to use each one.
- Discuss the special features of today’s most advanced coatings, and how these technologies can help contribute to improved indoor air quality and the well-being of the people who will use the building.
- Understand VOCs, regulations and environmental standards so that you can specify products that meet or exceed environmental standards green building requirements.
CEC DETAILS: Course Name: Paint 101: Fundamentals of Architectural Paints and Coating Technology Provider : Sherwin-William's Company AIA/CES Program #: PAINT101 AIA/CES Provider#: K065 AIA/CES Credits: 1LU/HSW GBCI Course #: 0920010341 GBCI Credits: 1 CE Hour IDCEC Course #: CEU-103027 IDCEC Credits: .1 CE Credit About IFMA St. Louis
IFMA St. Louis offers its members a learning and networking environment among its diverse membership and supplies its members with the tools to achieve their professional goals. Started in 1985, IFMA St. Louis has more than 250 members representing small and Fortune 500 companies throughout the region. Considered a leader among local chapters, IFMA St. Louis holds monthly programs to enhance members’ knowledge and provide networking opportunities. IFMA members also value their membership as a way to build their careers, seek counsel and advice from other facility management professionals, access a variety of resources and achieve professional certification. Represented in 134 chapters and 16 councils worldwide, IFMA members manage more than 78 billion square feet of property and annually purchase more than $526 billion in products and services. For more information, visit www.ifma.org.
- IFMA St.Louis
- View Organizer Website
1400 S. Highway Drive
Fenton, MO 63099 United States + Google Map