Calendar submissions will be reviewed by our staff before posting to the website. Please allow a few hours for this to take place.
- This event has passed.
Kwame Foundation Golf Tournament to fund scholarships for first-generation, college-bound students
August 19, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm$500
Kwame Foundation will host its 17th Annual Golf Tournament on Thursday, August 19, 2021 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Topgolf in Chesterfield. Proceeds will fund scholarships for students who otherwise might not attend college because of financial constraints.
Kwame Foundation endows approximately $150,000 a year in scholarships and grants at colleges and universities that improve educational opportunities for minorities and first-generation, college-bound students. The foundation also sponsors an annual Spring Break tour of Historically Black Colleges and Universities for local students.
Individual entry for the tournament, lunch and event is $500 and non-golfer participation is $100. Participants have the chance to win the $25,000 Hole-in-One prize. Sponsorship opportunities from $150 to $10,000 are available, with recognition at the event, on the event website and in the program. The tournament is for experienced and rookie golfers alike. Participants can bring their own clubs or use Topgolf’s clubs.
12:00 p.m. – Registration
12:30 p.m. – TopContender game begins
1:00 p.m. – Lunch, beer and wine service
3:30 p.m. – Gameplay ends, awards ceremony
4:00 p.m. – Event ends
For online registration or sponsorship information, visit http://www.kwamefoundation.org/annual-golf-tournament or contact Michael Thompson at (314) 862-5344 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Kwame Foundation Golf Tournament funds scholarships and endowments at the following educational institutions:
• Barnes-Jewish Hospital College of Nursing
• Fontbonne University School of Journalism
• Harris-Stowe State University School of Business
• Interdenominational Theological Center
• Jackson State University
• Maryville University School of Education
• Morehouse School of Medicine
• Ranken Technical College
• St. Louis Community College
• Saint Louis University College of Arts and Sciences
• Saint Louis Zoo
• Tyrone Thompson Institute for Nonviolence
• University of Kansas School of Architecture
• University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law
• University of Missouri-St. Louis
• Washington University School of Engineering
• Washington University School of Medicine
• Webster University School of Business & Technology
- August 19, 2021
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Kwame Foundation
- View Organizer Website