Lawrence Fabric & Metal Structures is celebrating their 75th anniversary in 2916 with the following goals: provide a safe work environment for employees to master their skills, foster an environment that promotes continual improvement, and produce a quality product that meets or exceeds our customer’s expectations.
Lawrence Canvas Products Company opened their doors on May 16, 1941, manufacturing and selling tarpaulins, truck and trailer covers. In 1984, the company grew to a full service company, manufacturing and installing awnings and tents. In 1996, the name of the company changed to Lawrence Fabric Structures to better describe the wide range of fabric products that anchored the core business as they moved into a 68,000-square-foot plant in West St. Louis County.
As the company continued to grow into the 21st Century with the addition of exhibit and architectural elements, metal products became an essential part of the business. As metal components and metal awnings became a mainstay part of the business, “Metal” was added to the name, thus becoming Lawrence Fabric & Metal Structures in January 2010.
On December 5, 2012, Lawrence earned ISO 9001 certification from Alliance International Registrar, LLC, for successfully implementing a management system. They re-certified onDecember 4, 2015, which is good through December 3, 2018.
As of October 21, 2015, Lawrence is employee-owned. The newly implemented employee stock ownership plan will promote continued success and customer satisfaction.
To learn more about Lawrence Fabric & Metal Structures, Inc. visit their website: