Four More Speakers Added to Investment In Infrastructure Expo
Want to talk with representatives of utilities and public bodies who have more than a half billion dollars in construction projects planned for 2017 and beyond? Contractors can do so at the 2017 investment in infrastructure expo on february 28 at the st. Charles convention center. For more information and to register ($30 per person) for this event, go to:
In addition, four more leaders from the Missouri Department of Transportation, Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District, Ameren Missouri and Great Rivers Greenway District will join six other presenters in showcasing more than $500 million worth of St. Louis area infrastructure construction projects and contracting opportunities. The new presenters include:
- Gregory Horn, P.E., St. Louis District Engineer for the Missouri Department of Transportation;
- Rich Unverferth, Director of Engineering for the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District;
- Warren Wood, Vice President, Legislative and Regulatory Affairs and Communications for Ameren Missouri; and
- Todd Antoine, AICP, Director of Planning and Projects for the Great Rivers Greenway District in St. Louis.
They will be joined on a panel discussion of the St. Louis region’s upcoming infrastructure investments by leaders from other key organizations including:
- Amanda Brauer, Manager of Roads and Traffic for St. Charles County;
- John Kohler, Planning and Programming Manager for the City of St. Louis Board of Public Service;
- Jason Jonas, Public Works Director, Jefferson County;
- Nick Gardner, Director of Transportation, St. Louis County
- David Yonce, Director of Strategy and Corporate Development at Spire;
- Russell English, Project Director, Strategy and Corporate Development at Spire; and
- Keven Kliesen, Business Economist and Research Officer at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. Kliesen will give a presentation on the economic outlook for the construction and related industries in 2017 in the St. Louis region.
Short informative presentations from construction purchasers will give the audience an idea of what to expect on infrastructure upgrades and the construction involved with those projects. After the presentations, there will be a three hour networking event with drinks and appetizers amongst industry peers, vendor booths and equipment dealers.
The deadline for registrations is February 17th. The Expo is hosted by the SITE Improvement Association. SITE is an independent construction contractor group representing more than 165 contractors and businesses primarily in the concrete, earthmoving, landscaping, asphalt paving, highway/bridge, sewer/utility and specialty construction segments. It represents the interests of its members in negotiations with labor unions, promotes political and legislative agendas and provides safety and technical training for members. SITE is celebrating 50 years of continuous operation in 2016.