Midwest BankCentre and Lindenwood University broke ground on the financial institution’s second branch in St. Charles County. The new bank at 1820 First Capitol Drive in the city of St. Charles will be part of Lindenwood’s newUniversity Commons mixed-use development now taking shape across the street from the university’s main campus. The branch is slated to open in late 2016.
The new 5,200-square-foot bank will feature a brick and glass exterior, three indoor teller stations, customer computer kiosks, and a community meeting room with a big-screen TV, WiFi service and a whiteboard. A 24-hour ATM and two drive-up banking lanes will also be provided. A staff of at least 10 professionals will serve customers. Leading the St. Louis-based project team is M+H Architects, project architect; Blanton Construction, general contractor; and O’Toole Design Associates, interior designer.
Midwest BankCentre has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking for 110 years. With total assets exceeding $1.6 billion, the locally-owned community bank provides integrated financial services with expertise in commercial, retail and digital banking; business cash management; mortgage lending; and consumer lending.
Founded in 1827, Lindenwood University educates about 16,000 students a year in more than 200 degree programs at two campuses, 10 regional centers and extension sites throughout Missouri.
Midwest BankCentre (www.midwestbankcentre.com), founded in St. Louis in 1906, employs a staff of 270 currently working at 16 bank locations in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Jefferson County and St. Charles County.