The City of Maryland Heights’ new $30 million community center opened to the public for full operation on Monday, April 3 at 5:30 a.m. The sleek, 92,000 square foot Center replaces the city’s previous indoor recreation facility—a converted church building from the 1970s — and features a wide range of amenities designed to meet the diverse recreational, fitness and lifestyle needs of the Maryland Heights community, including:
- 12,800 square foot double-court Gymnasium offering basketball, volleyball and pickleball courts;
- Aquatic Center including a leisure pool w/lap lanes, zip-line, current channel, drop-slide, climbing walls and kids area
- Fitness Center with three adjoining group exercise studios
- Indoor Walking/Jogging Track
- Preschool/Play Center areas
- Senior Lounge
- A 4,750 square foot rental space with seating for 400+ and catering kitchen
- Multiple program/activity/meeting rooms
The new Center, located at 2300 McKelvey Road, now houses the city’s Department of Parks and Recreation staff and programs. The facility supports a variety of uses including swimming lessons, sports leagues, childcare, group exercise classes and rentable space for events such as weddings, lock-ins and birthday parties. Special membership packages are available for individuals living and/or working within Maryland Heights’ boundaries.
For more information, please contact Assistant to the City Administrator Gabby Macaluso at (314) 738-2204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.