Six new speakers will join five returning officials from large governmental organizations and utilities that oversee the St. Louis area’s public infrastructure to discuss upcoming construction contracting opportunities, the economic outlook for the industry and new regulatory requirements at the 2018 Investment in Infrastructure Expo on February 27 at the St. Charles Convention Center. Sponsored by the SITE Improvement Association, the 2018 Expo will feature an afternoon of breakout sessions describing upcoming projects, an annual economic outlook for the local construction industry, an exhibit hall filled with industry vendors and a reception for all attendees, buyers and vendors. Last year’s event attracted more than 400 attendees and 50 vendors.
The new presenters include:
- Daniel Dreisewerd, P.E., PTOE, Acting Director, St. Louis County Department of Transportation and Public Works. He leads a team of 750 employees who maintain, plan, design and construct the County’s roadway and facilities infrastructure.
- Bill McDonald, Area Director of the Occupational Health & Safety Administration.
- Patrick Owens, Senior Project Manager, Great Rivers Greenway. He has developed $15 million of trail and greenway improvements over the last two years in both St. Louis County and St. Charles County.
- Dave Pruitt, Engineering Construction Manager, Missouri American Water. He has been responsible for delivering $120 million in capital water main replacement/relocation budgets.
- Bill Schnell, P.E., Assistant District Engineer, MoDOT. Bill is responsible for the department’s Planning, Programming, Design, Design-Build, Right-of-Way and Construction departments for MoDOT’s St. Louis District.
- Patrick Quinn, Chairman, St. Louis Legacy Ice Foundation. He is leading the effort to build a multi-purpose ice sports complex in Maryland Heights.
The following officials will be returning for their second annual presentation at the Expo:
- Amanda Brauer, P.E., PTOE, Manager of Roads and Traffic, St. Charles County. She oversees more than $20 million per year in tax revenue used for road improvements to enhance the mobility and safety of roads within the County.
- Jason Jonas, P.E., Public Works Director, Jefferson County. He has over 19 years of experience in the road and bridge industry, including the past six years as County Engineer and Public Works Director for Jefferson County.
- Kevin L. Kliesen, Business Economist and Research Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. He will present on overview of the St. Louis area’s construction market trends for 2018 and beyond.
- John P. Kohler, P.E., Planning and Programming Manager, City of St. Louis. He has successfully managed the development of 50 federally funded transportation improvement program projects totaling over $140 million.
- Rich Unverferth, P.E., Director of Engineering, Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District. He is responsible for overseeing the planning, design and construction of the district’s multi-year, multi-billion dollar capital improvement program.
Tickets for Expo attendees, which include appetizers and drinks at the reception in the exhibit hall, are $30. Click here to register for the 2018 Investment in Infrastructure Expo or visit www.sitestl.org for more information!
SITE is an independent construction contractor group representing 200 contractors and businesses primarily in the concrete, earthmoving, landscaping, asphalt paving, highway/bridge, sewer/utility and specially contracting segments. It represents the interests of its members in negotiations with labor unions, promotes political and legislative agendas and provides safety and technical training for members. SITE has been in continuous operation since 1966. For more information, visit www.sitestl.org.