The Construction Leadership Institute (CLI) at Southern Illinois Univerity Edwardsville celebrated 34 graduates of its program Friday, March 10 as a part of the CLI Alumni Day and Graduation celebration. Developed by the SIUE Schools of Business and Engineering, the CLI provides the knowledge, skills and strategies that individuals and companies need in today’s challenging construction industry.
Program Co-Directors Chris Gordon, associate dean of the SIUE School of Engineering, and Kristine Jarden, director of executive education in the SIUE School of Business, oversaw the ceremony.
“The CLI program is designed to align with leadership development needs of the rapidly changing construction industry,” said Gordon. “The CLI Advisory Board takes an active role in helping us continuously update this unique and innovative leadership development program to develop future building industry leaders.”
“CLI’s mission is to produce accomplished leaders who will improve the processes and outcomes in the construction industry,” Jarden said. “We thank the employers for their vision in supporting the education of future business leaders in the industry.”
CLI alumni representing 14 years of the program and the Class of 2017 participated in the festivities. The Class of 2017 graduates are:
- Nathan Allen – France Mechanical Corp.
- Tyler Apple – Alberici Constructors
- Andrew Bauer – McCarthy Building Cos.
- Rick Branstetter – Guarantee Electrical Co.
- Justin Burkemper – L. Keeley Construction
- Jon Carroll – Poettker Construction Co.
- Casey Dial – Drury Development Corp.
- John Dohle – S. M. Wilson & Co.
- Mike Garrett – Plocher Construction
- Chris Hoff – Contegra Construction Co.
- Nathan House – Archview Metals Systems Co.
- Grant Kane – Guarantee Electrical Co.
- Paul Kohnen – Kay Bee Electric & Systems Contractor
- Chris Kozeny – Kozeny-Wagner, Inc.
- Dane Law – Alberici Constructors
- Matt Limpert – Covington Construction LLC
- Brian Litteken – Kaiser Electric, Inc.
- Grant Malone – Alberici Constructors
- Brian Marks – The Korte Co.
- Brian Moore – Raineri Construction
- David Murphy – Drilling Service Co.
- Nick O’Brien – O’Shea Builders
- Ken Otten – Subsurface Constructors, Inc.
- Vernon Pfeil – S. M. Wilson & Co.
- Corey Rohwedder – Hank’s Excavating & Landscaping, Inc.
- Tom Ruane – L. Keeley Construction
- Matt Sauer – McCarthy Building Cos.
- Shane Spears – L. Keeley Construction
- Dan Sternau – Holland Construction Services
- Mike Thomas – Icon Mechanical
- Nelson Vogt – Raineri Construction
- Brian Waeckerle – L. Keeley Construction
- Aaron Williams – Alberici Constructors
- Casey Wilson – Horner & Shifrin
CLI is an executive education program jointly developed by SIUE’s School of Business and the School of Engineering’s Department of Construction. It brings together professionals from many sectors of the building industry.
Since CLI’s creation, approximately 340 emerging leaders and executives have benefitted from the nine-week program that strengthens leadership, strategic thinking, communications and key management skills.
For more information on the Construction Leadership Institute, visit siue.edu/cli or call 618-650-5440.
SIUE’s School of Business and the accountancy programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International, representing the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. The Princeton Review lists SIUE as one of the top 294 business schools in the U.S. for the 11th-consecutive year. Undergraduate and graduate degrees are offered in accounting, computer management and information systems, economics, finance, management and marketing. More than 20,000 alumni have earned degrees from the SIUE School of Business. For more information about the School of Business, visit siue.edu/business.
The SIUE School of Engineering offers one of the most comprehensive and affordable engineering programs in the St. Louis region with eight undergraduate degrees, five master’s degrees and two cooperative doctoral programs, all housed in a state-of-the-art facility. Students learn from expert faculty, perform cutting-edge research, and participate in intercollegiate design competitions. Companies in the metropolitan St. Louis area provide students challenging internships and co-op opportunities, which often turn into permanent employment. All undergraduate programs are accredited by their respective accreditation agencies.
Photo Above: (Front Row L-R): Casey Dial, Mike Garrett, Grant Kane, Matt Limpert, Matt Sauer, Nick O’Brien, Chris Kozeny, Andy Bauer, Chris Hoff; (Middle Row): Aaron Williams, Rick Branstetter, Tom Ruane, Mike Thomas, Casey Wilson, Brian Litteken, Ken Otten, Dane Law, Brian Marks, Brian Waeckerle, Grant Malone; (Back Row): John Dohle, Shane Spears, Jon Carroll, Nelson Vogt, Brian Moore, Nathan House, David Murphy, Dan Sternau, Justin Burkemper, Tyler Apple, Paul Kohnen, Corey Rohwedder, Vernon Pfeil