The Construction Leadership Institute (CLI) at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville celebrated 29 graduates of its program Friday, March 9 as a part of the CLI Alumni Day and Graduation celebration. Developed by the SIUE Schools of Business and Engineering, the CLI provides the knowledge, skills and strategies that individuals and companies need in today’s challenging construction industry.
Program Co-Directors Chris Gordon, associate dean of the SIUE School of Engineering, and Kristine Jarden, director of executive education in the SIUE School of Business, oversaw the ceremony.
“The CLI program is designed to align with leadership development needs of the rapidly changing construction industry,” said Gordon. “The CLI Advisory Board takes an active role in helping us continuously update this unique and innovative leadership development program to develop future building industry leaders.”
“CLI’s mission is to produce accomplished leaders who will improve the processes and outcomes in the construction industry,” Jarden said. “We thank the employers for their vision in supporting the education of future business leaders in the industry.”
CLI alumni representing 15 years of the program and the Class of 2018 participated in the festivities. The Class of 2018 graduates are:
The Class of 2018 graduates are:
- Christopher Ballard – Simms Building Group
- Katy Beckerle – Alberici Constructors
- Kerry Brown – Stevens Industries, Inc.
- Bobby Christopher – Wright Construction Services, Inc.
- Jake Clancy – Alberici Constructors
- Christopher Darr – Federal Steel & Erection Co.
- Brian Dayton – Holland Construction Services
- Tim Doran – S. M. Wilson & Company
- Dan Ems – Icon Mechanical
- Craig Gonet – Alberici Constructors
- Walker Gusewelle – Poettker Construction
- Nathan Haas – Kaiser Electric
- Anne Hoffmann – Raineri Construction
- Eric Hoffman – McCarthy Building Company
- Patrick Horan – Drury Development Corporation
- Eric Kues – Korte & Luitjohan Contractors, Inc.
- Nathan Munie – L. Keeley Construction
- Cory Parker – Contegra Construction Company
- Kyle Pfundt – Alberici Constructors
- Ben Pratt – McCarthy Building Companies
- Cody Ryan – The Korte Company
- Matt Schmid – Guarantee Electric
- Amy Schmidt – The Korte Company
- Miranda Stevens – Holland Construction Services
- Dan Sullivan – O’Shea Builders
- Joe Tucker – Raineri Construction
- Chris Walker – Guarantee Electrical
- Matthew Walters – Alberici Constructors
- Landon Williams – Stevens Industries, Inc.
CLI is an executive education program jointly developed by SIUE’s School of Business and the School of Engineering’s Department of Construction. It brings together professionals from many sectors of the building industry.
Since CLI’s creation, approximately 370 emerging leaders and executives have benefitted from the nine-week program that strengthens leadership, strategic thinking, communications and key management skills.
For more information on the Construction Leadership Institute, visit siue.edu/cli or call 618-650-5440.
(Front Row L-R) Nathan Haas, Joe Tucker, Matthew Walters, Chris Darr, Patrick Horan, Kerry Brown.
(Row 2 L-R) Tim Doran, Anne Hoffmann, Dan Sullivan, Chris Ballard, Miranda Stevens, Amy Schmidt, Cory Parker, Kyle Pfundt , Katy Beckerle
(Row 3 L-R) Bobby Christopher, Chris Walker, Dan Ems, Jake Clancy, Eric Kues, Walker Gusewelle, Cody Ryan, Matt Schmid, Landon Williams, Craig Gonet, Brian Dayton, Ben Pratt.